Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIAW #4



Back again this week linking up my eats with Jenn

PS. Pretend that says *august*. K thanks.


Today (yesterday) was my youngest's first day of pre-pre-school. That's a real thing, right? Either way, I've been looking forward to this day for 18 months.
Both kids in school for four hours. Kid (and husband) free for FOUR HOURS. For SAHM's that's like an eternity. I could just taste the freedom. So, I did what any person in their right mind would and crammed as much stuff as humanly possible into those four sweet, sweet hours; including an esthetician appointment and like 48 other errands. I pick up the boys at 1:30 and the vet couldn't get our furry kid in until 2, so I decided I'd pick up the boys with the dog and then head to the vet....this is where things went very, verrrrry wrong. It's like all three of them could sense my accomplishment-induced high and they were bound to bring me back to reality.

Long story short, the dog went in with fleas and I'm pretty sure the kids came out with them and I, a new twitch. 

I did manage to stay on track eating-wise for the most part. I'm trying to lean out so I've changed gears a little bit from 30/40/30 to 40/40/20. I'm going to try it for 6-8 weeks and see how I do. 

Here's what today looked like



Meal #2 - Hard boiled egg whites with natural PB and cinnamon
Meal #3 - Turkey Meatballs (recipe tomorrow!) with broccoli and 1/4 avocado
Meal #4 - Grass-fed beef stew meat with baked sweet potatoes and raw zucchini
Meal #5 - Grass-fed beef hamburgers (2) with broccoli and 1/4 avocado
Meal #6 - (2) Energy Bites  {definitely not the best before-bed meal, but I wanted something sweet and didn't have any chocolate almond milk for my Muscle Gain}

Didn't work out since I'm planning on having Tuesdays as my off-day because I'm kid-less and have several house projects that need attention.

I am however, working out tomorrow at a new box. I'm excited, but it's definitely a little bittersweet. Don't worry - I'll be sharing how it goes at the end of the week! 

Don't forget to check out the goodies that Stella & Dot has to offer! There's still a few days left to enter the giveaway!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome clean eats! I have never thought to put PB in a boiled egg white! I will have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!