Saturday, February 22, 2014

I Heart Buffalo


My love of buffalo sauce knows no bounds. Other than wine, caffeine and sushi, it's been what I've been craving most. I've found a few (two are pretty similar) protein recipes that you can add to your lineup*!




Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients:

  • 1 package (16 - 20oz) lean ground turkey breast
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use these
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce 
  • Coconut or EVOO
Instructions:
  • Place turkey, egg, garlic powder and bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix well
  • Put oil in skillet and heat
  • Form meatballs (I used 20oz of turkey and I yielded 12 meatballs) and put in skillet
  • Get a good sear/brown on each side
  • When mostly cooked, throw in your buffalo sauce 
  • I then placed them in a 350 degree oven for 6 minutes because I'm really weird about poultry being done enough, but you can cook them to entirety in the skillet, if you wish
These were a BIG hit! 

Later in the week, this happened...


This one is so, so easy. You literally cut up some chicken breasts, thrown in a pan, cook a little bit, throw in some Frank's, finish cooking and voila, done! I threw on a bed of romaine and drizzled with Bolthouse Ranch.

Next up was a one-pot meal, which I'm a big fan of but, this one was a little more labor intensive than I like, it was delicious though!




Recipe can be found HERE.

Now, go get your buffalo on*!


*Unless you're on a low-sodium diet


4 comments:

  1. We make buffalo caesar salads all the time. Love!! Will have to try the meatballs as I can no longer eat tomatoes, so we haven't been making the traditional kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would really appreciate your recipes as he puts hot sauce, preferably Sriracha on everything!! I think I'll start with the salad. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!