Monday, May 16, 2016

What's Up Wednesday!



Disclaimer: the formatting may or may not be a hot mess due to my typing this in Pages on a plane and attempting to transfer to blogger. Apparently, the two don't jive!

And by Wednesday - apparently, I mean Friday! This was supposed to publish two days ago but but was too busy yesterday to check! Good busy 😄💪 
Been a fun week of traveling - Denver, Dallas and Nashville and then off to Orlando in a couple weeks! Love traveling but I haven't quite figured out the meal prep while traveling situation yet. For instance, in the airport. They've 100% stepped their meal game up. There are all kinds of great options there now, stir fry, salads, etc but here's my demise.  S U S H I.

I know what you're thinking. airport sushi.


It could go horribly wrong...or horribly right. And my friends, it went so right. And these airport rolls are not your average roll. They're like mondo rolls. And of course I can't waste perfectly good sushi, right?

Let's just say that shortly after this was taken I was googling "is there such a thing as a carb headache" and "how to get rid of a carb headache."

But friends - SO worth it.

Ok so on with the show!

What I’m reading


Disclaimer: seems to be a lot of those lol...

this should say what I’m listening to. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve read (and completed) an actual book. I listen in the car on the way to the gym, while I’m folding laundry, doing dishes, etc. It’s the most efficient way for me to get the info into my brain in this particular season of life…Since I have some catching up to do, I’ll have to save a post for another day on the backlog on what I’ve read because there are some solid recommendations in there BUT, here’s what I’m reading right now.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo




This book. Swear. It was written for me. It’s all about surrounding yourself ONLY with things you love and if it doesn’t “spark joy”. Get rid of it. So basically the way I lived ages 18-22. I moved approximately 37 and a half times and each time my list of belongings got smaller. 

“Have I used that in the last 4 hours? No? Ok, toss it. Ain’t nobody got time to pack and move that.” I’ve since married a man whose hobbies include garage saleing and collecting “cool stuff”…but because that’s apparently subjective, we disagree on what’s “cool” but, I digress. Once you get past her talking to inanimate objects (? does not compute) you will find this technique to be very effective in creating simplicity. I’ve done a few areas of the house and let me tell you what. You haven’t lived till you’ve KonMari’d. Mostly your husbands stuff.

No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy




This one is a pretty 'give it to ya straight' kinda book and I am LOVING it! It's all about commitment to achieving certain goals and it's got me straight fired up! If you want to get things done - this book is for you. 

I have figured out that consistency in a positive direction is the key to succeeding at anything in life. Literally, anything!

"Most people think success comes from good luck or enormous talent, but many successful people achieve their accomplishments in a simpler way: through self-discipline. No Excuses! shows you how you can achieve success in all three major areas of your life, including your personal goals, business and money goals, and overall happiness." - the inside front cover of the book 

What else is happnin' 

Finally getting some house projects done! The before and afters are INSANE. It's hard for me to remember what it even looked like before but loving seeing it come together! Lord, give me strength on our next remodel. This one about wore me OUT! 


And finally - I'm getting my NASM Personal Training Certification! As it happens, I'm just as terrible of a student now as I was in college (strangely enough, I'm a high 'Learner'.) and apparently it also corresponds with the way I view packing for vacation. Throw stuff in a suitcase 25 minutes before you're supposed to leave for the airport. May or may not have forgotten an average of 8 items each time I travel. But hey - I got my SUSHI! 

What are ya'll up to?! Love hearing from you :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!