Thursday, August 22, 2013

{Recipe} Clean Turkey Meatballs

Happy Friday! This week has seriously flown by. I'm such a routine person and when my routine is thrown off, it just rocks my world. Kid No. 2 started walking (last week, actually, but now he's full on running), painters have been here AND I started at a new box on Wednesday. Oh, and cleaned out the entire garage #nbd. Hopefully, that will make up for the Erin Condren I just bought...

I did manage to make these delicious little meatballs and you will love them! They are so good, offer a ton of protein and are easily packable.



Adapted from Clean and Delicious

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs. ground turkey
  • 3 egg whites (I didn't have any eggs so I used 4 oz of organic tomato paste and a TBS of Grapeseed Oil)
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • ½ tsp ground cumin
  • ½ tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 diced onion (didn't use)
  • 2 diced celery stalks (substituted 1/2 zucchini) 

Directions:

Pre heat oven to 375 and spray muffin pay with some cooking spray (or coat with a little olive oil) 
Mix all the ingredients in one large bowl until well combined.  Roll the mixture into balls and place each one in the muffin pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Makes 12 muffins.
Enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. I've made meatballs with beef in a muffin tin before. Did you have problems with all the fat/juice hanging around in the tin or is not as much because you used turkey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, exactly. 99% lean turkey is the way to go.

      Delete
  2. Your meatballs look so good! I always make meatloaf, but never think to make meatballs. I'll have to change things up and make some the next time I buy ground turkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to snack on, pack in your lunch or make double batches and freeze for later!

      Delete
  3. LOVE those meatballs! They are on the agenda for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any idea on the macronutrient content of one meatball?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!