Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{Involuntary} At Home Workouts


I love the gym. It is my happy place. As crazy as it sounds, that's where I go to relax and recharge. There aren't many days that I voluntarily don't go to the gym, but sometimes, I legitimately can't get in there - like today when both of the little guys are sick. I thought I'd share with you all what I do when life keeps me out of the gym.



  • Clean up the diet! This is my main focus. Here's where I tighten it up:
    1. I up my lean proteins. I eat a lot of tuna salad (I've been subbing out the mayo with plain, non-fat Greek yogurt), chili, turkey meatballs and HB eggs.
    2. Cut out crackers, pasta, quinoa, cornbread. These I do gluten-free and in moderation (most of the time...) anyways, but I completely cut them out. I rely on beans and sweet potatoes for my complex carbs.
    3. Up my veggie intake. I'm really bad about this, so I am trying to work on this anyways! I add in a spring mix salad with cherry toms, cucumber and carrots with a little EVOO and balsamic vinegar before EVERY meal (except breakfast).
    4. Up my Catalyst to 9/day.
    5. Switch my Post Workout Recovery to Muscle Gain after workouts.
    6. Add in ACV drink. I haven't been doing this everyday because I hate it so much, but it's SO good for you.
    7. NO alcohol or sugar. I even limit my fruit to small amounts and only before 4pm.
  • Get some kind of workout in. I don't own any weights so everything is done with just bodyweight. I vary it between 3 things, depending on what my body is needing. 


OR


OR


{More info here}

What do you guys do when you can't get in the gym? 










5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Niki. I am planning on working out more at home this year. I have some free weights, a treadmill and a bike...so no more excuses. After seeing my new doctors and starting a new regimen of supplements and making dietary changes, I am already seeing an improvement. Sorry to hear the kiddos are under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren

      Oh good! Have you gone gluten free?

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster award!!! http://www.prettywellorganized.com/2013/08/liebster-nominations-anti-vma.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article. I like the part about tightening up on the diet. I do that when I have an injury that keeps me from workouts. And the home workout ideas are great. It's amazing what you can accomplish just by exercising with your own body weight.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!