Hi All! Hope everyone is having a good week.
First: There's a big group doing a 24-day challenge right now and there's still time to get in on the action! Email me and I can get you going.
Second: Why am I that crazy person that thrives off of chaos and pretty much can't function without a thousand things on my plate? Until I can get into therapist, you all will just have to hear about it #sorry.
Third: If you follow me on Instagram and caught my chicken breast quote, you already know my sanity is a little questionable and I've been in the weeds as of late due to a sudden lapse in what was left of my sanity and the hubs and I have decided to sell our house. Yes, the house we have remodeled 99% of and said we'd never sell. So, we're in massive "finish this thing mode" and have several projects going which include:
- Turning a closet in the mud room into a locker
- Redoing the laundry room
- Removing basement ceiling panels and spray painting it black
- Finishing the pantry
- Oh, and completely demoing and redoing the master bedroom and creating a master bath #nbd
We have a 4-6 week deadline (contractors, if you're reading this, chop, chop) so, please don't expect my posts during this time to be coherent. Which, by the way, you can probably expect a slight shift and a lot of home design, before/afters, etc. posts. Just FYI.
Oh, AND the lovely Marissa from Barefoot Colorado has convinced me to enroll in Blog School. Why do I do this to myself? Because I'm crazy. Clinically crazy.
That being said, Mateya of The Best is Yet to Come is sharing some of her clean crockpot recipes with you today!
Hi there! My name is Mateya and I'm a wife and new-ish mom to a sweet little boy named Hayden. My husband is currently serving his third deployment with the Air National Guard so life has been pretty crazy lately!
Health and fitness are very important to me. So although it's a little trickier now that I'm running a one man show, I try to do my best to prepare meals that are as clean as possible.
I use my crock pot a LOT because I don't have a lot of extra time to prepare meals. I love being able to prepare ahead of time, set it, and forget it! One of the biggest time savers is using the Crockpot liners. This seriously makes zero cleanup!
Here are a couple of my go-to recipes for quick clean eating meals.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Variety of bell peppers (I use 3)
1 large onion
3 Chicken breasts
Chop up peppers and onions and put in the bottom of Crockpot. Lay chicken breasts on top and sprinkle generously with chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle generously with lime juice. Cook on low about 6 hours. You can serve on whole wheat tortillas, or over quinoa or brown rice.
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Southwestern 2 Bean Chicken (via Gracious Pantry)
- 4 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/3 cup home cooked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/3 cup home cooked beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, low sodium is best
- 1 pound frozen and thawed organic corn (organic to avoid GMO corn)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa, no sugar added
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and salsa over that and then layer on the beans and corn.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart when the pot is stirred.
Again I use this for wraps, mix with quinoa or serve over brown rice. Hayden LOVES this meal. I make it almost every week.