Friday, August 15, 2014

{Recipe} Clean Turkey & Spinach Burgers :: 2 Ways


This recipe is a little spin off of my Clean Turkey Meatballs. The thing I like most about both of these recipes is
that they've got your protein, veggie and complex carb - all in one delicious, portable little package. I'm a big fan of 'one-pot' meals, ain't nobody got time for doin' three separate dishes these days (which you'll soon see when I post the rest of my last few days of my food journal...) I prepped a bunch of these 5 days ago and still have a few left so, they'll last until my next prep sesh in a couple days. It's been a good amount for two adults to last us through the week.

Get ready for deliciousness with these bad boys.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey breast
  • 1/2 c. Egg Beaters (hard boiled all my eggs. You could use 2 eggs instead)
  • 1/2 c. ish of oat flour
  • 2 t. dry yellow mustard
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2 T. garlic powder 
  • 1 T. onion powder
  • Spinach, chopped (I just chopped up a bunch and threw it in there. Maybe 3 cups?)

Turkey Ranch Burgers (froze this batch) 

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs. 99% lean ground turkey breast
  • 1/2 c. Egg Beaters 
  • 1/2 c. ish of oat flour
  • 2 T. Homemade Ranch Seasoning (I did not use the dry buttermilk and I only use 1/4 t. dill. It is SUPER dilly if you use the full 1.5t. it calls for)
  • Spinach, chopped 

Directions:

  • In a saute pan (this is my favorite one to use), heat a few tablespoons of avocado oil
  • Pat burgers into patties and saute on each side until done, times will vary based on how thick you make your burgers

And there you have it! I actually am liking these better than the meatballs lately. You'll see these on repeat on my challenge. I've been topping with avocado or guac and dipping in ketchup and mustard. Normal, right? Either way, it gets the job done!

P.S. You may have noticed that blogger and I are still fighting. It's a love/hate thing happening right now with us. Mostly hate... Apologies for the weird formatting issues. I gave up after a solid 30 min of trying to fix it. Just know that there are some changes gettin' ready to happen on le blog soon! :)


Have a great weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!