Friday, November 2, 2012

{Recipe} Chocolate Protein Bars

In bad blogger fashion, I totally forgot to take pictures of these, but just know that they. are. delicious.


I was definitely skeptical after reading the ingredients, but these turned out to be seriously so good. They are a wonderful little treat and will cure the inevitable chocolate craving. Sometimes you just need a lil' somethin' sweet, ya know?

Ok, so here it is.

Per Serving: Serving Size 2 bars
Calories:  96
Fat:  1.4 grams
Carbs:  12 grams
Protein: 10 grams

Ingredients:

1 cup Oat Flour (I just put old fashioned oats in the food processor)
4 Egg Whites
2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I use this one, but any will do)
½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal (I have used Ideal and Splenda. I like Ideal better because it feels more like sugar. Splenda bakes up differently - I don't care what the package says, but it's a little pricey so, I'm opting for Splenda right now)
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
8oz Berry flavored Baby Food 
3 tbsp Baking Cocoa (I like Hershey's Special Dark)
1/2 c. Water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares, serving size=2 bars. 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!