Tuesday, April 23, 2013

{Recipe} Salmon Salad

My. New. Jam.

This is seriously amazing. I was pleasantly surprised. I had some leftover salmon from last night's dinner and reheated, plain salmon is not my thing, but I definitely can't waste protein (uhm, have you seen the price of ground turkey lately?! Seriously? I'm in the wrong business). I searched around and found this (a site I'm loving, btw)...get ready to stock up on salmon.


Ok, not the most appealing picture, but I promise. What it lacks in gorgeousness, it makes up for in taste. This is the first time I've made it but it seems to be one of those forgiving recipes that you can tweak to your little hearts desire.

Here's my version:

1 4oz cooked salmon filet (you could also use 1 can of salmon)
1/2 c (or so) of black beans - rinsed and drained
Diced red onion (I'd say 1 T. or so)
Diced tomato 
Dollop of olive oil mayo or greek yogurt (I used mayo)
Squirt of dijon mustard
1 tsp. or so of balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

All of the ingredients were either cold (salmon from fridge) or room temp. Mix up and dig in! 

I scooped up with a serving size (15 crackers) of gluten-free multi-seed crackers. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 

Love to hear your tweaks if you make them :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!