Thursday, June 6, 2013

{Day 3} of Pre-Challenge and a {Recipe}

Hi Everyone!

Heading up to Indianapolis this weekend for a patio shopping trip (Homegoods, you'd better not disappoint me) so, will hopefully have some goodies to share. Follow me on instagram! I may need you to help me decide on things.

I got a good yoga practice in yesterday. This is one of my favorites. Yoga Journal has a great line-up of videos. I mix it up every once in a while, but I always come back to hip and side opening practices.

Have I mentioned how much I hate food logging? I'm sticking with it, but wow, it is an eye opener. Join me at MyFitnessPal. Sucky things are less sucky when you know other people are doing it too.

After three days of logging just how much I eat, I've realized I really need to work in more veggies. I love veggies. I'm just lazy when it comes to prepping them, in all honesty. Why? No clue, but I'm going to have to get over it. I was seriously craving pizza last night (no clue why. This is not something I ever crave. I actually don't really crave things anymore unless I'm tired. Then it's like I shove food in my face hoping that it will give me energy when in reality, I just need a nap.) I knew that neither pizza or a nap were in the cards, so I had to have the next best thing...

Zucchini Pizza Boats


*update: hmmmm. well, zucchini is way misspelled ^^. that's embarrassing... sorry!

Ingredients:
  • 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
  • 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1/8 cup red sauce (I use Classico Tomato & Basil because it’s lower sugar)
  • 1.5 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 6 grape tomatoes, halved
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Mini turkey pepperoni slices (optional, I used 1 regular one and cut it julienne)

How to:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Using a spoon, dig out the meat of the zucchini from each half by scraping out the inside and place in a bowl. I turned the spoon over and kind of scraped it out.
  3. Mix garlic, red sauce, and salt and pepper into scooped out zucchini.
  4. Refill zucchini “boats” with mixture.
  5. Top with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, pepperonis (if using) and parmesan.
  6. Bake for 20-30 minutes. 
This was the first time I made these, but next time, I'm going to try and dry off the meat of the zucchini, or maybe leave out the cherry tomatos. It's a pretty watery recipe. It didn't affect the consistency or taste, but they were slippery!






7 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! Good luck with the shopping trip. I am on the hunt for porch accessories as well, but haven't had much luck finding what I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'll keep an eye open for ya! Your porch looks amazing, by the way. Love the lanterns.

      Delete
  2. Those look awesome....I would have so made these 2 weeks ago (before find our blog) on top of tortilla chips instead of zuchini. Oopsy... I love reading this...went to lunch (Mexican of course) with some friends and then tried to log it....wow, that was pretty much my WEEK. Dang it was yummy though :) Can't decide if I like food logging or completely hate it! But thanks for keeping me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, me too! I had no idea I was taking in so much! It's not so much that I love food - it's just that I'm allllllways hungry. I just needed to change where my calories are coming from. I found I need more veggies. They fill me up for way fewer calories! It's just good to be aware. Then when you splurge, you actually see it and you're much more likely to stay on track to 'make up for it' the rest of the week!

      Thanks for reading :)
      xo

      Delete
    2. Exactly, very eye opening. I definitely need more veggies and not to eat out as much. Trying to start printing some different recipes and try them on the hubby & kids. {Side note...Not sure why when I try to comment from my ipad I have severe spelling issues and then can't edit it... glad I'm not the blogger!}

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing. I'll feel much better eating these instead of chomping on a slice of pizza. I don't think anyone was paying much mind to your typo due to the mouth-watering image! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am putting these on my dinner list after my 10 cleanse is done. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!