Thursday, May 30, 2013

Eat the Frog and Drink the ACV


“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”



Have you ever heard the term, "Eat the Frog First"? I heard this several months ago and I'm not sure why when put this particular way it stuck, but it did. Basically, it's a way of systematically prioritizing your tasks each day, hour, etc. This is something I really struggled with when I first started working at home (and still sometimes do). Yes, working. This 'staying-at-home' stuff is no joke, but I digress.

The idea here is to prioritize based on your need and desire to do tasks. Lifehack outlines it best:

  1. The things you need to do, but don't want to do. Aka, the "Frog(s)"
  2. The things you need to do and want to do.
  3. The things you want to do, but don't need to do.
  4. The things you don't need or want to do.
Ideally, you want to reprogram your brain and create a habit of eating the frog first. The reward there is  you've done the 'worst' thing first, thereby making everything else seem easier or better. For me, it's usually bathrooms, putting away laundry and some days, working out. I'm really trying to get better at this. I have developed a habit of putting these things off until I have to do them. Then I'm not happy about it because inevitably, I'd rather be doing something else, but it's all about recognizing things you don't like and working on them, right? Easier said than done sometimes...


So now that we've eaten the frog, it's time to drink the ACV.


I've gone through half a bottle and I am serious when I say it's a love/hate relationship. Love the effects, hate the taste. It has cleared my skin up and has really helped curb my appetite. I eat more than my husband so, this is huge for me. I can't sing it's praises enough. I will tell you that when it comes to 'healthy' stuff, I am no wimp. I used to eat field greens plain with no problem. This concoction however, has revealed my weak link. Head on over and see what it's all about. If you've never tried this, I HIGHLY recommend it. For the effects...not the taste.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're drinking the "kool aid!" It gets even better, prommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of love the idea behind 'eat the frog first.' That strategy will come in handy when... I don't know... doing ANYTHING - esp. work (for me). Today I WILL eat the frog first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog post, my frog is cleaning the bathroom, so today I woke up and rested to myself eat the frog, then I ate it. Now I am going to try and eat a frog every day. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!