Monday, February 17, 2014

{Recipe} Clean Chicken Salad :: 2 Ways


Summer, please hurry. This may be a bit overdramatic, but I'm dying. Withering away from lack of sunlight. My hands look at least 5 years older from this cold, dry weather. And we all know that's when it gets real. When your hands look older - it's time to cut the crap and get warm.

I've been craving and making the heck out of some summer foods. Other than turning the thermostat up to 75, it's the only thing keeping me alive. I thought I'd share a couple winners that even the husband approved of!



I'm sure you've seen several variations on this, but this is my favorite. You can also adjust the size based on the amount of chicken you have, want to make for leftovers, etc. It's a really forgiving recipe. Just taste as you go and always go light on the mayo - you can always add more. Also, I like to use cold chicken, so plan ahead! 

Clean Chicken Salad (For Him & For Her)

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 organic chicken breasts, boiled
  • 1-2 T. Homemade Mayo (for her)
  • 1 T. Light Miracle Whip (blah, I know - for him)
  • 1 T. olive oil mayo (for him)
  • 1/2 C. (or so) red or green grapes, halved
  • 1/3 C. (or so) pecans
  • Salt & pepper to taste 
Instructions:
  • Cut up your chicken in 1 in. (or so) pieces
  • Add homemade mayo (if for her) or MW/Mayo (if for him)
  • Season with S&P and mix together well
  • Once it has enough creaminess for your taste, add the halved grapes and pecans
  • Mix well and eat!
So easy and so good - even better the next day.

and for version number two...


This one is so good. More savory than the other version with the grapes. I have to be careful not to overdo it on the avocado. I could eat an avocado at every meal and never get sick of them! #notnormal

Avocado Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 organic chicken breasts, boiled
  • 1/2-1 avocado (sliced) 
  • 1-2 T. plain Greek yogurt
  • 1-2 T. Homemade Mayo
  • Salt & pepper to taste 


Instructions:
  • Cut up your chicken in 1 in. (or so) pieces
  • Add avocado, yogurt and mayo 
  • Season with S&P and mix together well and eat!


Here's to hoping that this somehow creates whatever the opposite of the Polar Vortex is.

P.S. 
Be on the lookout for 2 more Buffalo dishes this week and make sure to head over to Pretty Well Organized to see how I finally got my spice situation under control!






1 comment:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing. Both sound delicious. I have a couple avocados I need to use up, so the second would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!