Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{Recipe} Perfect Chicken




I know I promised this recipe last week, but due to the husband's ambitious 'Project Insulate the Attic',
I have had other pressing matters. And by 'pressing matters' I mean mouse poop falling like rain from my ceiling (it's tongue & groove - which is apparently the worst type of ceiling you can have, in terms of insulation).


Note: This is what my ceiling looks like, however this is not my house: two reasons. One, my camera decided to quit working this morning and two, the current state of my living room resembles that of downtown Sochi. 

...but, better late than never, so here is my current go-to chicken recipe. It's a perfect all-purpose chicken. You can eat it as a main dish, use it on salads, in casseroles, anything that requires chicken. 
Pretty sure the original recipe originated here. I've tweaked it just a little. 

Ingredients:
  • Boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, trimmed (you can make as few, or as many as you'd like)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt (I use sea salt)
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 
  • Coconut oil
Instructions: 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Trim and score your chicken
  • Mix all of your spices together well (I usually triple, quadruple, etc. this spice mix and always have it on hand)
  • Pat your chicken dry
  • Sprinkle your spice mixture on the chicken and rub in really well. Should be coated, but not super thick, or it just falls off
  • Heat pan (I use an iron skillet) and throw in a tablespoon or so, of coconut oil
  • Throw in your chicken and get a good sear on each side (2-3 min on each side, depending on how thick your chicken is)
  • Stick the pan in preheated oven and bake for 15-25 minutes (again, depending on how much/thickness of your chicken). Internal temp should be appx. 165 degrees. 
There you have it, the easiest and most versatile chicken recipe! 














5 comments:

  1. Love easy recipes like that. That "project" does not sound fun at all. Hope you are wearing masks, not good to be around prego.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lauren, you couldn't pay me enough to ever get in the attic! We hired it out :) however, did not anticipate the 'consequences'. I've been sanitizing all week. Thank goodness we have hardwoods everywhere!

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing…thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! I usually make up a few pounds and have them in the fridge for a quick protein :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. My mom makes something very similar to this and its so good! I cant wait to try it with coconut oil to make it healthier. :)

    Amanda // Happily Ever After
    http://karlshappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!