Tuesday, October 2, 2012

{Another} Fitness Challenge. Okay 2 Challenges.

I clearly have a problem. A 'challenge' problem.

I finished up my 21-Day Yoga Challenge and felt so good, both mentally and physically, that I've decided to up the ante. Yoga has given me an amazing mind-body connection. One that I think was really crucial in me being able to fully commit to a lifestyle of maintaining my health and fitness. Unfortunately, I don't think yoga (at least not the kind I've been doing) will give me the results I'm looking for. I'm sure it would over time, but who has time these days?

I've always been pretty focused on my health and planned everything out myself (I studied nutrition in college and it's always been a passion of mine), but since motherhood, I have really come to like having a plan set-up for me where all I have to do is the work. I want everything spelled out for me so that I don't have to think about it - just do it. I have enough to think about. Whether Charlie is flushing my favorite blanket down the toilet (true story), if Breaker is getting ready to fall out of his swing, or what delightful goody the Golden Boy has decided to bring home from one of his yard sale adventures.

So...

I'm getting ready to take on Jamie Eason's 12-Week LiveFit Challenge. It's definitely intense, but I'm totally excited for it. She gives you the entire 12-week plan, from the workouts to recipes, to motivation and video tutorials. One drawback, or advantage, depending on how you look at it; is that this challenge requires a gym. There's a lot of lifting and unless you've got a full-blown gym in your basement, you're gonna need a gym membership. My gym has a daycare so, this works out really well for me. I get some "me" time to workout and the boys get to play with some new friends. Win-win.


Jamie Eason's 12-Week LiveFit Challenge

Here's where the 2nd challenge comes in...

In Jamie's program she recommends using certain supplements (she has her own line of them, so go figure). I've chosen to go with Advocare's 24-Day Trim Challenge instead. I've done extensive research and have used these products before (when I played basketball in college) with awesome results so, I'm choosing to go this route.

I'm going to spare you the token 'before' picture until I have an 'after' one. I don't want you thinking I still look like my 'before'! *gasp*

I'll be posting at the end of each week and updating you with my progress. I'd love to have you join me and share your progress as well!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!