Thursday, May 9, 2013

{Before & After} Kitchen

I really wish I had taken before pictures, but imagine with me if you will, a house built in the 90's with 'updates' that included Pergo flooring, particle board oak cabinets with the fronts falling in and duct tape holding them in on the back sides, River Rock paint on EVERY wall, 5 dogs, and this gem hanging over the stove in the kitchen. Yes, over the stove...



{source, if you're feeling woodsy...}

Oh, and faux beams in the 9ft kitchen. Because that's what you want. To make a room feel and look smaller. 

It kind of looked like this. Only worse. But for the sake of this post, use this as a benchmark. Oh, and did I mention that this was the house Tom Hanks lived in when he filmed A League of Their Own? Man had no taste.


Oh, and brick wallpaper backsplash. yeah.


And after a few weeks without a sink, microwave or stove*...



And my favorite part



We went with traditional shaker style cabinets and white subway tile backsplash. We wanted something that was classic and easily update-able in the future. The countertops are Delicatus White granite and we got them on a killer deal :) The pulls came from TopKnobs.com. I wish I could tell you who built our cabinets but they're Amish and we literally had to draw out plans and mail them. Like USPS mail. I should've gotten a better shot of my sink but it's the best. I can fit so many dishes in it, it's unbelievable.

Oh, and the rugs are my absolute favorite. So much so that I don't even put them down because I'm afraid to ruin them - is that weird? Probably. 

Anyways, that's my kitchen! :)

*mind you, I was 8 months pregnant durning this time. Washing all our dishes in the bathroom sink and cooking with nothing other than a Crock Pot.





2 comments:

  1. Ummm...how did I not know you had a blog!? Please move near me so we can be IRL friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm clearly doing a good job of promoting it ;)

      I'm needing another cinci ikea trip so ill swing by for a quick workout and a couple bottles of wine!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!