Thursday, September 20, 2012

{DIY} Face Scrub

I admit it - I'm a face product snob. I guess I should say former face product snob. With my favorite brands being Clarins and Mario Badescu, even I'm surprised at how much I love my new 'face scrub'. I tried this after searching for some DIY recipes for face scrubs. Mostly because The Golden Boy, aka my husband, wouldn't be too entirely pleased if he sees another $110 charge from my absolute favorite place for microderms .  I'm sure there are still a few skin care products (ie: moisturizers and eye creams) that I'll still buy from my favorite brands, but I will forever (as long as it keeps working) stick to this one for face scrubs!


And without further adieu, I present...the really cheap and awesome homemade face scrub.


Ingredients:

Baking Soda
Honey
Lemon
Milk

I used a 1 cup measuring cup and poured in about 1/4 cup of milk. Then added several tablespoons of baking soda until it got thick. Then I added a good squeeze of honey and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Play around with it and find a consistency that's good for you. Mine was a little too soupy but, I'll use less milk next time; it did however, smell DIVINE.  I had quite a bit leftover so, I used it on my décolletage, shoulders and back. Your skin will feel amazingly smooth - almost a little parched so, I recommend rubbing down with a good body butter for your bottom half and a good moisturizer for your top.  

I will admit that even the little amount of lemon juice I used still gave my skin a 'good burn'. I didn't leave it on for long, but I have heard that lemon juice is a great exfoliator and my skin is definitely feeling smoother today. 

All in all, this was a totally awesome scrub. Plus, the Golden Boy will be totally thrilled that I'm hooked on a less than $1 treatment instead of my usual $55 one. Win-win-win (I hope I have some Office fans out there!)

I should say that I will definitely still be getting microderms and loving every second of that post-treatment oxygen mist, but only when I can embezzle enough cash from the Golden Boy that he won't notice. If you happen to wander in there, Lisa (who owns it - and happens to be my 'girl crush') is AMAZING!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!