Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My New Favorite Breakfast

I want to start by apologizing for my photography - I don't post-edit (but will definitely learn to someday) and I just took an online course to figure out how to get my camera off the green square so, I'm getting MUCH better - not good, but better.


Ok, so back to my new favorite breakfast - originally found on Pinterest and adapted over several mornings.

I seriously have this every. single. morning. Boring? Not at all. There are tons of variations...okay, like 5 but whatever, they never get old.
*pretend there's honey in this shot 

So here's my fav (all mixed in a 12 oz. Mason Jar):

6 oz. old fashioned oats
2 T. nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
1 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. chia seeds
1 T. honey (preferably organic and raw, but any will work)
Skim or almond milk (if using almond milk, omit the greek yogurt - weird stuff happens)
Chopped Mango

Fill to almost top with skim milk (preferably organic).

Then shake the living heck out of it!

Remove top and add as much or as little chopped mango as your little heart desires. Then shake up again and stick in the fridge overnight.

And there you have it. Breakfast waiting for you as soon as you get up and you didn't even have to think about it!

I will often times pair this with scrambled egg whites with spinach, tomatoes and feta, but that's only if I'm super hungry...which is every day.

Check out the original recipe for more variations of this healthy, yummy and easy breakfast.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so thanks for taking the time to comment. Writing is fun...but hearing from you is better! Feel free to email me anytime through the email button at the top of the page. Thank you so much for reading!